Discover the unique lifestyle in Nepal inspired by the Tibetan Buddhists in the deepest valleys of the country where cultures are still well – preserved. The Tsum Valley Trek takes to some of the most isolated places in the country and through remote settlements meant for relaxation purposes. As you get into the community, you’ll find everything else and yourself with a completely different experience. The ambiance seems out of the world, unlike to any place on Earth. There are a thousand reasons for why the Tsum Valley Trek has been one of the most alluring trekking packages in the country. Nepal is rich in all kinds of natural beauties. From lush vegetation forests to rough rocky trails, developing crowded cities to isolated settlements, rain shadow area to the land of snow and ice, everything is a part of the country that makes its visitors delighted to have the options.
Our trek starts from Arughat [530m/1739ft], a place about seven hours of drive from the Kathmandu city. Most of the times during the initial phases of the trek, you’ll find yourself surrounded by lush forests of Rhododendron, Pines, and Oak. The green atmosphere inevitably elevates your mood, ultimately forcing positive vibes in your body, making it the best week of your lifetime. With friends or your family, or even with newly made acquaintances, the trip proves itself unregretted and leaves no residue to grief over.
Shiny mountains are always spotlighting to the exploration of any kind. The creation is known to be one of the most beautiful things Mother Nature has ever made. Especially in the context of Nepal, mountain peaks hold a very superior value as numerous peaks that are worlds highest are a part of the country. To be exact, 8 of the 10 highest ones in the world is owned by Nepal. And apart from them, hundreds of others still exist. And besides the mountain peaks, valleys are equally beautiful too, among which Tsum Valley is one of the most popular ones. It was a restricted area previously until it was allowed for trekking in 2008. Ever since then, the valley has been receiving an increasing number of visitors every year.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu [1,400m/4,593ft]
Arrive in Tribhuvan International Airport [Kathmandu] and transfer you to your hotel to stay overnight.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
Full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu Valley including some of the major places of the city such as Pashupatinath temple, Durbar Squares, Swayambhunath and Boudha Gumba that have been declared as World Heritage Sites by the UNESCO. And get back to the hotel in the evening to stay overnight.
Day 03: Kathmandu – Arughat [600m/1,968ft]
Drive from Kathmandu to Arughat that takes about 7 – 8 hours. Stay overnight in a hotel.
Day 04: Arughat – Soti Khola [700m/2,296ft]
Trek from Arughat to Soti Khola that takes about 7 – 8 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 05: Soti Khola – Machha Khola [870m/2,952ft]
Trek from Soti Khola to Machha Khola that takes about 6 – 7 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 06: Machha Khola – Jagat [2,340m/7,676ft]
Trek from Machha Khola to Jagat that takes about 6 – 7 hours. Stay overnight in a hotel.
Day 07: Jagat – Chisopani [1,660m/5,445ft]
Trek from Jagat to Chisopani that takes about 4 – 5 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 08: Chisopani – Chumling [2,386m/7,827ft]
Trek from Chisopani to Chumling that takes about 6 – 7 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 09: Chumling – Chokhangparo [3,010m/9,903ft]
Trek from Chumling to Chokhangparo that takes about 4 – 5 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 10: Chokhangparo – Nile [3,361m/11,058ft]
Trek from Chokhangparo to Nile that takes about 5 – 6 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 11: Nile – Mu Gompa [3,700m/12,174ft]
Trek from Nile to Mu Gompa that takes about 3 – 4 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 12: Sightseeing at Mu Gompa
Full day sightseeing tour at Mu Gompa.
Day 13: Mu Gompa – Burgi Village [3,245m/10,644ft]
Trek from Mu Gompa to Burgi village that takes about 5 – 6 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 14: Burgi Village – Chumling [2,386/7,827ft]
Trek from Burgi Village to Chumling that takes about 5 – 6 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 15: Chumling – Philim [1,570m/5,103ft]
Trek from Chumling to Philim that takes about 6 – 7 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 16: Philim – Khorla Besi [970m/3,182ft]
Trek from Philim to Khorla Besi that takes from 6 – 7 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 17: Khorla Besi – Soti Khola
Trek back from Khorla Besi to Soti Khola. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 18: Soti Khola – Arughat – Kathmandu
Trek from Soti Khola to Arughat that takes about 4 – 5 hours and then further drive to Kathmandu that takes about 7 – 8 hours. Stay overnight in a hotel.
Day 19: Final Departure
We wish you a safe journey back home and hope to see you very soon again.
- All surface transfers as per itinerary
- Hotel accommodationin Kathmandu
- Food, lodging, insurance and other expenses of clients and staffs
- All necessary paper work and permits
- Camping equipment such as very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping
- Kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses and other kitchen equipment
- Travel and rescue arrangements for our staffs
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking guide, cook, assistant leader [4 trekkers: 1 assistance] also a personal Sherpa on request
- Porter’s Charges [Porter can carry up to 20kg]
- Tea and coffee during mountain part
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation
- Medical supplies [First Aid medical kit will be available]
- Trekking Information Management System [TIMS], New Trekking permit to keep record of tourist [This is for your safety]
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Domestic / International airfares along with taxes
- Expenses such as laundry, phone calls, internet and others
- Personal trekking equipment
- Any extra transportation except in itinerary [we can arrange upon request]
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Helicopter rescue due to out of control
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the inclusive price
- Some extra assistance like if you cannot walk properly our guide will arrange you horse to came back [if applicable this you have to pay them directly]
- Tips to staffs. After working everyone expect some Tips. We don’t mention fixed amount, it’s is up to you and up to their service, but generally tourists provide 10% of the total cost
- Single supplement charges [if required]
- Your travel insurance