Tamang people are known to have come from Tibet a very long time ago. They form one of the largest ethnic groups in the country and have made themselves to live for the longest in the Himalayan regions of Nepal. They take a major part in farming around the hills and frequently get involved in the trekking business of the country. This is why while foreign visitors get into the country for exploration purposes, they get to see a lot of Tamang people and their cultures and tradition, which eventually they fall in love with. Their cultures, tradition and lifestyle are incomparably unique that you would get to see nowhere on Earth. Based on the fact that we mentioned earlier, things related to them are quite identical to those of Tibetans. Foreign visitors have been seen to get overwhelmed as they involved in the Tamang surroundings.
Our Tamang Heritage Trail Trek offers you the environment if you have been charmed by the first section. The course does not take more than 2 weeks of time and is one of the shortest treks in the country. Moreover, it takes you through some of the most alluring places that you can ever get to see. Places such as Syabrubesi, Gatlang and Tatopani are known to be popular around the region. The spotlight of the trek provides you soothing access to the Tamang settlements so that you gain insights of everything that the community has to offer. Tours such as these induce relaxation and promote recreation in life. Sometimes, daily hassle in everyday life require an instant change for a quick recovery. Throughout the journey you’ll have the complete freedom to grasp everything that the atmosphere has to propound so that you create a wonderful tour in life filled with cherished moments and unforgettable memories.
Furthermore, the course is also easy – going and not full of complications. All things involved are moderate in nature. Hence, you do not require a very fit and healthy body in order to complete the trek. People of any age and gender may apply for it. Indeed, it becomes more enjoyable if you do it with your friends and family.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu [1,400m/4,593ft]
Arrive in Tribhuvan International Airport [Kathmandu] and transfer to your hotel to stay overnight.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
Full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu Valley including some of the major places of the city such as Pashupatinath temple, Durbar Squares, Swayambhunath and Boudha Gumba that have been declared as World Heritage Sites by the UNESCO. Back to the hotel in the evening to stay overnight.
Day 03: Kathmandu – Syabrubesi [1,550m/5,100ft]
Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi that takes about 8 – 9 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 04: Syabrubesi – Gatlang [2,200m/7,217ft]
Trek from Syabrubesi to Gatlang that takes about 5 – 6 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 05: Gatlang – Tatopani [2,607m/8,550ft]
Trek from Gatlang to Tatopani that takes about 6 - hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 06: Tatopani – Thuman [2,400m/7,874ft]
Trek from Tatopani to Thuman that takes about 6 – 7 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 07: Thuman – Briddim [2,345m/7,693ft]
Trek from Thuman to Briddim that takes about 6 – 7 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 08: Briddim – Lama Hotel [2,470m/8,103ft]
Trek from Briddim to Lama Hotel that takes about 6 – 7 hours. Stay overnight in the hotel.
Day 09: Lama Hotel – Langtang Village [3,430m/11,253ft]
Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang Village that takes about 6 – 7 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 10: Langtang Village – Kyangjin Gompa [3,870m/12,697ft]
Trek from Langtang Village to Kyangjin Gompa that takes about 4 – 5 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 11: Kyangjin Gompa – Lama Hotel
Trek back from Kyangjin Gompa to Lama Hotel that takes about 4 – 5 hours. Stay overnight in the hotel
Day 12: Lama Hotel – Syabrubesi
Trek back from Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi that takes about 5 – 6 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 13: Syabrubesi – Kathmandu
Drive back from Syabrubesi to Kathmandu that takes about 8 – 9 hours. Stay overnight in a hotel.
Day 14: Final Departure
We wish you a safe journey back home and hope to see you very soon again.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle.
- Hotel accommodationin Kathmandu on twin sharing basis including breakfast.
- Guided Tour of Kathmandu City with expert tour guide and private vehicle.
- Food, lodging, insurance and other expenses of clients and staffs
- Government license holder experienced, trekking guide (trained in Wilderness first Aid& altitude sickness) and porters (1 porter for between 2 trekkers basis) with their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance, clothing and medicine.
- Round Trip flight ticket for Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu.
- Tea house/Lodges Accommodation during the trekking on twin sharing basis.
- Daily Meals chosen from the Menu (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek.
- Necessary trekking permits, Tims card permit.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossier.
- Nepalguidetrek Special Gifts (T shirt, Pashmina shawl, Trekking certificates and others).
- Welcome/Fare well Nepali Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes.
- Meals in Kathmandu except breakfast.
- Nepal entry visa fee, you can get Nepal visa up on arrival in the Airport.
- International Airfare/Airport tax, City tour Sightseeing entry fees
- Expenses such as laundry, phone calls, internet, sweet, snacks, beverage bar bills and others.
- Alcoholic, all hot and cold drinks, hot water, hot and cold showers.
- Personal trekking gear, any kind of personal expenses.
- Travel Insurance (Essential – Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Tips and gratitude to trekking staffs.
- Single supplement charges [if required]
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the inclusive price.