One of the shortest trekking routes in the country, Ghandruk Village Trek is full of joy and amusement. The trek provides a brief but detailed introduction on what lies in Nepal and how beautiful a country can be. Ghandruk is a small and stunning town in the Kaski district of Nepal. It’s a popular spot for trekking that also provides access to the Annapurna Himalayan Region of the country. The Himalayan Range is also known as Annapurna massif, which comprises one peak over 8,000 metres of altitude, thirteen peaks over 7,000 metres and sixteen others over 6,000 metres of elevation. Apart from mountain peaks, there also lies a protected area known as the Annapurna Sanctuary that has preserved the plants, animals and the region itself for very long since its establishment.
Ghandruk is the gateway to some of the major trekking packages in the country such as Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Annapurna Circuit Trek, Annapurna View Trek, Annapurna Poon Hill Trek and several others. If you wish to include these places too and extend the current route, you can switch your plans and choose any of the above mentioned trekking routes. This change in mind is certain to add more fun and amusement to your holiday. However, if you already like the Ghandruk Village Trek and if you do not want to the extend your trip, you may stick to your plan and continue to go for and it and book as early as possible. After all, it’s a universal regulation that the early bird catches the worm.
The trek can be completed in not more than 10 days. Usually, a week or 8 days has always been sufficient. If you are bounded by time frame and other such factors and wish to see the mesmerizing natural beauty of Nepal, we highly recommend this trekking package to you. Apart from Ghandruk, you also have the opportunity to gain access to the paradise of Nepal; Pokhara. The place receives a very high number of tourists compared to other places of the country.
Sarangkot, the perfect spot of adventurous sports and the World Peace Pagoda are some of the spotlights of the region.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu [1,400m/4,593ft]
Arrive in Tribhuvan International Airport [Kathmandu] and transfer to your hotel to stay overnight.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
Full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu Valley including some of the major places of the city such as Pashupatinath temple, Durbar Squares, Swayambhunath and Boudha Gumba that have been declared as World Heritage Sites by the UNESCO. Back to the hotel in the evening to stay overnight.
Day 03: Kathmandu – Pokhara [827m/2,713ft] – Ghandruk [1,940m/6,360ft]
Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara that takes 30 minutes and further trek to Ghandruk that takes about 6 hours. Wander around the beautiful place for a while and stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 04: Sightseeing Day at Ghandruk
Spend the entire day in Ghandruk for sightseeing tour. Back to the hotel in the evening to stay overnight.
Day 05: Ghandruk – Pothana [2,006m/6,581ft]
Trek from Ghandruk to Pothana that takes about 5 – 6 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 06: Pothana – Pokhara
Trek back from Pothana to Pokhara that takes about 5 – 6 hours. Stay overnight in a hotel.
Day 07: Sightseeing Day at Pokhara
Spend the entire day in Pokhara for sightseeing tour. Back to the hotel in the evening to stay overnight.
Day 08: Pokhara – Kathmandu
Fly back from Pokhara to Kathmandu that takes about 30 minutes. Stay overnight in a hotel.
Day 09: Final Departure
We wish you a safe journey back home and hope to see you very soon again.
- All surface transfers as per itinerary
- 4 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Food, lodging, insurance and other expenses of clients and staffs
- All necessary paper work and permits
- Guided sightseeing tour
- Camping equipment such as very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping
- Kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses and other kitchen equipment
- Travel and rescue arrangements for our staffs
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking guide, cook, assistant leader [4 trekkers: 1 assistance] also a personal Sherpa on request
- Porter’s Charges [Porter can carry up to 20kg]
- Tea and coffee during mountain part
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation
- Medical supplies [First Aid medical kit will be available]
- Trekking Information Management System [TIMS], New Trekking permit to keep record of tourist [This is for your safety]
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu – Lukla Domestic / International airfares along with taxes
- Expenses such as laundry, phone calls, internet and others
- Personal trekking equipment
- Any extra transportation except in itinerary [we can arrange upon request]
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Helicopter rescue due to out of control
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the inclusive price
- Some extra assistance like if you cannot walk properly our guide will arrange you horse to came back [if applicable this you have to pay them directly]
- Tips to staffs. After working everyone expect some Tips. We don’t mention fixed amount, it’s is up to you and up to their service, but generally tourists provide 10% of the total cost
- Single supplement charges [if required]
- Your travel insurances