Everest is a beautiful Himalayan region. And, the Everest Cho La Pass Trek is one of the most adventurous trekking routes in the region, which is also alternatively known as Everest Circuit Trek. However, when mentioned with the other name, expression becomes more precise of the three major spotlights of the area; Everest Base Camp [5,364m/17,600ft], Gokyo Lake [4,850m/15,912ft] and Cho La Pass [5,420m/17,782ft]. These sites are highly demanded and extremely admired by visitors as they are stunning in nature and hold a high value for tourism activities. We shall introduce each of the spots in description below. We guarantee you amusement as you end up knowing their existence and details.
It’s undeniable that most of the people are already familiar with the name of the highest mountain peak in the world; Mount Everest that resides in the beautiful country Nepal. The surreal architecture from nature elevates high above to 8,848 metres / 29,029 feet providing a surround window to stunning panoramic views of the environment. The region has been highly preserved and maintained. Hence, it’s recommended to take care of things while wandering around the region.
Secondly, it’s the Cho La Pass that’s relatively demanding and requires tough attempt to climb. It’s a summit pass located at 5,420 metres of altitude and connects the isolated village of Dzongla to the east and Thagnak to the west. The western side of the pass serves as path to the Gokyo Lakes including a crossing of Ngozumpa glacier in the mid – way. As mentioned earlier, the trail is physically demanding as the top of the glacier is slippery and the edge is known to be unstable.
The trail is similar to Everest Gokyo Cho La Pass Trek. The difference is that this particular trek does not provide access to the beautiful lake Gokyo. It’s another spotlight in the Everest Himalayan Region of the country. The lake is clearly striking to watch and gaze at. It’s a actually a lake system comprised of six major lakes, 19 in total. They are also the highest freshwater lake system. Apart from tourism purposes, the lakes have high religious significance that are considered sacred by Hindus and Buddhists. If you wish to include the site in the package too, you may choose the Everest Gokyo Cho La Pass Trek instead.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu [1,400m/4,593ft]
Arrive in Tribhuvan International Airport [Kathmandu] and transfer to your hotel to stay overnight.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
Full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu Valley including some of the major places of the city such as Pashupatinath temple, Durbar Squares, Swayambhunath and Boudha Gumba that have been declared as World Heritage Sites by the UNESCO. Back to the hotel in the evening to stay overnight.
Day 03: Kathmandu – Lukla [2,860/9,383ft] – Phakding [2,610m/8,561ft]
Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla that takes about 25 minutes and further trek to Phakding that takes about 3 – 4 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 04: Phakding – Namche Bazaar [3,440m/11,286ft]
Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar that takes about 3 – 4 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 05: Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar
Acclimatization is an important part of trekking. We acclimatize at Namche Bazaar on this day.
Day 06: Namche Bazaar – Dole [4, 110m/13,484ft]
Trek from Namche Bazaar to Dole that takes about 5 – 6 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 07: Dole – Machermo [4,410m/14,468ft]
Trek from Dole to Machermo that takes about 5 – 6 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 08: Machermo – Thaknak [4,750m/15,584]
Trek from Machermo to Thaknak that takes about 7 – 8 hours in total. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 09: Thaknak – Cho La Pass [5,367m/17,608ft] – Lobuche [4,950m/16,240ft]
Trek from Thaknak to Cho La Pass and then further to Lobuche that takes about 7 – 8 hours in total. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 10: Lobuche – Gorakshep [5,140m/16,863ft] – Everest Base Camp [5,364m/17,598ft] – Gorakshep
Trek from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp and then return back to Gorakshep that takes about 7 – 8 hours in total. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 11: Gorakshep – Kalapatthar [5,545m/18,192ft] – Pheriche [4,280m/14,042ft]
Trek from Gorakshep to Kalapatthar and then further to Pheriche that takes about 7 – 8 hours in total. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 12: Pheriche – Tengboche [3,440m/11,286ft]
Trek from Pheriche to Tengboche that takes about 5 – 6 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 13: Tengboche – Namche Bazaar
Trek back from Tengboche to Namche Bazaar that takes about 6 – 7 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse.
Day 14: Namche Bazaar – Lukla
Trek back from Namche Bazaar to Lukla that takes about 6 – 7 hours. Stay overnight in a teahouse
Day 15: Lukla – Kathmandu
Fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu. Stay overnight in a hotel.
Day 16: Final Departure
We wish you a safe journey back home and hope to see you very soon again.
- All surface transfers as per itinerary
- 4 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Food, lodging, insurance and other expenses of clients and staffs
- All necessary paper work and permits
- Guided sightseeing tour
- Camping equipment such as very high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware tents for camping
- Kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses and other kitchen equipment
- Travel and rescue arrangements for our staffs
- All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking guide, cook, assistant leader [4 trekkers: 1 assistance] also a personal Sherpa on request
- Porter’s Charges [Porter can carry up to 20kg]
- Tea and coffee during mountain part
- Teahouse/Lodge accommodation
- Medical supplies [First Aid medical kit will be available]
- Trekking Information Management System [TIMS], New Trekking permit to keep record of tourist [This is for your safety]
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu – Lukla Domestic / International airfares along with taxes
- Expenses such as laundry, phone calls, internet and others
- Personal trekking equipment
- Any extra transportation except in itinerary [we can arrange upon request]
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Helicopter rescue due to out of control
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned in the inclusive price
- Some extra assistance like if you cannot walk properly our guide will arrange you horse to came back [if applicable this you have to pay them directly]
- Tips to staffs. After working everyone expect some Tips. We don’t mention fixed amount, it’s is up to you and up to their service, but generally tourists provide 10% of the total cost
- Single supplement charges [if required]
- Your travel insurance
|Departure Date||Avalability||Duration||Cost/Person||Book Now|
|3 March||Guaranteed||19 Days||Contact Us||Book Now|
|25 Decemer||Guaranteed||15 Days||Contact Us||Book Now|
|2 January||Guaranteed||15 Days||Contact Us||Book Now|
|5 December||Guaranteed||15 Days||Contact Us||Book Now|
|8 June||Guaranteed||15 Days||Contact Us||Book Now|
|9 Sep||Guaranteed||15Days||Contact Us||Book Now|
|15 Jan||Guaranteed||25 Days||Contact Us||Book Now|